Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Friends and Feedback

    A few nights ago I was called up by my buddy John. I personally wanted an excuse to take a break from homework, so I answered the call. I personally thought it'd be a conversation about something silly, but low and behold, it actually became a conversation about our approaches to tackling our portfolio projects. While we're close friends, we go about creative endeavors and separate manners. I myself am more of a visual thinker and have experience with the production process. John on the other hand, prefers to write things out and is new to the production process. 

My buddy John with a gift I gave him

    John initially approached me to get some incite on how he can show what he has written. We briefly spoke about the kind of equipment that we each would likely have. During this time I came to the conclusion that since I will be making a film opening individually, I plan on not relying too heavily on camera movement. I want to focus more on composition, lighting, and potential animation.  Like I said before, I toyed with the idea pf mixing mediums, and especially if I'm working on my own, I feel more confident than if I were to work with people who don't share the exact vision I save. I've had a few negative experiences in the chat and it'd save times.

    We then went on to talk about music. John mentioned how he was going to work with a music producer, and it got me thinking about what kind of music I would include in my opening. I’m most likely going with copyright free music because honestly there is a lot of good stuff out there, you just have to know where to look. My primary source will likely be Epidemic Sounds, since they give you the option to search by genre, tone, artist, and speed so I can be as specific as I want in. As for the music itself I’d probably stick with an instrumental track because if I were to look for something with lyrics I’d have to do extra research to make sure the subject matter of the lyrics and vocal intonation both fit with what is visually happening. And in the end I want the music to further immerse the viewer and perhaps be used to develop the tone.

    By the time the call ended, I felt satisfied by how we both helped each other further think about our openings. Talking with people about what you’re making is something I will most likely do more of in the future. Not only do they provide an outside opinion, they can also lead people to think about stuff that they maybe overlooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Hey yall! so I'm alive still and I'm gonna be blogging again in small doses, so I figured I'd start fresh. Here's the link t...