Saturday, February 12, 2022

Out With the Old, In With The New

     The time has finally come, we've begun with our portfolio project. It wouldn't be much of a surprise to many that I am very much excited about this project. Every discussion, every lesson, and every project has lead us to this point. It's not every day you're given the opportunity to spend about 10 weeks working on a single project. It's very much a change of pace for me, someone who's used to making videos for CBTV in about a weeks time. 

   Over the course of this year I've developed a visual style through out all of my projects, so I'm excited to develop it even further. And this project being a solo venture, I'm forced to imagine each and every aspect of the final piece. I admit that does sound scary and a tad overwhelming, but I'm going into this with an open mind.

     I'm not completely sure about what exactly I'm going to do, but hey that's part of the process. I've toyed with the idea of mixing mediums and certain shots, but its not exactly much to grab on to. At the current moment, I'm trying to think of what would make for an interesting full story. Whether that be a visual aesthetic or a concept. With that decided, I'd work backwards, to know what seeds of the story I should set up in the opening. A while ago I saw a video on YouTube about the opening shots in movies. In that video he talked about how some directors establish everything they want their audiences to know within that first shot.  And I personally agree with that sentiment. Now that doesn't mean I'm going to do a oner or not develop my opening with other shots, but the idea of pulling in an audience while giving them an concept to grasp on to is brilliant. 

    For now that's about it. I will be updating this with just about every piece of progress for the next 10ish weeks, so be on the look out for updates. And you know it's funny because this blog post is like an opener to the opener. Any how I'll see you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Hey yall! so I'm alive still and I'm gonna be blogging again in small doses, so I figured I'd start fresh. Here's the link t...