Saturday, April 8, 2023

I like to call myself the trend setter

 So earlier in the week I spoke with my advisor about my social media, and she basically told me I have to post more stuff and do so consistently. At the time I had plans for the first 9 posts, but I needed more. A huge priority for me when it comes to promoting a brand on social media, especially Instagram is a user's first impression of the account. Now on Instagram there's an emphasis on making an appealing grid layout, since that's what users see when they view your account.

I knew I really wanted to create a 3 post spread of the title of the film as a way to make the account seem cohesive, but first had to make posts 5 and 6 since 4 was already up. To keep symmetry I used a still from the Remote Commercial scene to show off an aesthetically pleasing portion of the film. I then posted another still that was a cool blue similar to that of the 4th post. And then of course I was finally able to make my 3 post spread.

After that I decided I start to share some Behind The Scenes pictures and some "Meet the Crew" type posts. Posts 10 and 12 would be BTS while 11 would be a "Meet the Director" post. I made the design on Canva because they offer many templates to choose from. I wanted to keep it simple since people that go on social media tend to scroll while on auto-pilot. I wrote briefly about my background and listed some of my favorite directors. I also went ahead and messaged Connor to have him write his own mini-bio for a Meet the Actor post I'll begin working on soon.

For future posts, I do want to post some more BTS photos as well as post early reviews of the film once I have a draft of it ready, similar to how films tend to boast about rave reviews; I think that could be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Hey yall! so I'm alive still and I'm gonna be blogging again in small doses, so I figured I'd start fresh. Here's the link t...