Friday, April 7, 2023

You Got Mail!

 That's right you got mail! And in this case its a post card, or should I saw the postcard (probably). While I'm in the middle of editing the film I thought I'd take a break to draft up some designs for the post card.


While I initially wanted to include the photo below in the post card, but it felt too square-like. Sure it gave me some space on the side, but if my text were to be written horizontally, it wouldn't have worked. Instead I listened to the people for this one. My most popular post of the @whatyouwatchfilm Instagram is the one I wrote about in this blog. I had also gotten several people come up to me in real life asking me how that shot was achieve and with that sort of response I've come to believe that the shot is at the very least engaging/intriguing, so why not include it on the post card?
For the backside I took inspiration from lower third graphics commonly seen on TV to display information. I wanted to include my website, but silly little me decided it'd be a good idea to have a super long URL (www.alexduqueportfolio.com), so it didn't fit and I rather not sacrifice continuity in font sizes than include an eye sore of a URL. 
And if you were wondering about the screening, its a screening at NFFTY (National Film Festival for Talented Youth).  As much I want to think highly of myself and my skills, I am a young independent filmmaker who can't compete with proper crews that have budgets, so I thought I'd embrace my student status by having the film play during the largest student film festival in the world. Another cool thing about NFFTY is that they make they specifically curate their screenings to have similar films play in the same screening. The screening I have on the post card is for one of their "Experimental Visions" screenings, since I felt the type of the story this is and the way it unfolds is somewhat untraditional.
Now before I officially call it for the postcard, I do want to show it to a few people before I officially say it's done, but for now I'll just say this is what I got

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Hey yall! so I'm alive still and I'm gonna be blogging again in small doses, so I figured I'd start fresh. Here's the link t...