Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Designs and Inspirations

     Hello I'm back, today I've been working on creating some of the character designs that will be incorporated  in the brainstorming process and potentially in the main credit sequence. If I'm being fully honest this part stumped me. I knew what I wanted, but I kept over thinking certain aspects of the characters like clothes or proportions. To get around this mental hurdle, I redownloaded Pinterest.

    I made a new board dedicated to the film opening. I searched through art aesthetics, surreal art, and illustrated designs to find some inspiration. It didn't take too long for me to find some unique pieces that I could jump off of. 

The Pinterest Board I made



Sketches for potential characters and/or aspects


    The first photo is off the ideas I had sketched out earlier in the day, while the second photo is of the sketches I made after making the Pinterest board. Making that board really helped me focus on the overall character as oppose to the smaller details like in the first photo. Best part is, I like how they came out. I had initially wanted to make a character that was purely made of vertical lines as seen in the top left on the first photo, but I couldn't quite figure out the rest of the costume, so when I saw the drawing of the striped suit on Pinterest, I thought the two went hand in hand. The fire head person at the top of the second photo was initially inspired from the smoke head character from the Pinterest board, but then I remembered about a necklace I bought from a friend. In the end i put both the hot head and smoke head as possible characters to include.


Calcifer necklace from @sqoobles on Instagram
    
    I want o have a few more character designs done, before this weekend. I plan to finalize the storyboard pretty soon, so that I can film what I need to film soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Hey yall! so I'm alive still and I'm gonna be blogging again in small doses, so I figured I'd start fresh. Here's the link t...