Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Jammin'

 So I've added music. While Zinc Vacuum did say that I had permission to use any song from their discography, I stuck with Orange. I felt including different songs might feel off because they all convey different moods and moments. The song is structured with two main choruses and a valley of sound in between. I initially wanted one of the loud choruses to be for the title card, but the pre-chorus synced up surprisingly well with the grabbing and throwing of the sketch book. To add an extra oomph to it, I copied a classic Daft Punk tradition of putting a low-pass filter and then coming back at full force. So now I need a piece of music for the title card.

Daft Punk's 2nd live album with many uses of low pass "fade in's"

    I first tried to see if I could repeat the chorus and have it serve as a motif of sorts, but it didn't have the same punch and felt a bit lazy. I listened through the rest of the song, and after the last chorus there is a synth that rises and falls as the rest of the instruments fade out. I tried it out for the title card and I liked it. I did raise the overall gain of the clip since it was originally lower. 

    I'm still experimenting a little bit with the music. I have one version of the the chorus that's shorter, while another version has the chorus playing for the full duration. It mostly depends on the final graphics I'd place for the credits. Right now there are some place holder credits just to visualize timings. At the current state in time, I'm leaning towards the shorter chorus since it wouldn't seem as dragged out, and as a practical purpose, if its shorter, I don't need to animate as much. In terms of the line edit of Extension, it's for the most part finished, I just need t add in the animated portions tweak some audio at the beginning and we should be fine




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Hey yall! so I'm alive still and I'm gonna be blogging again in small doses, so I figured I'd start fresh. Here's the link t...