Sunday, March 27, 2022

Unplanned for Success

     So here I am I'm like a week into animating. (Full blog about that coming soon) Brief spoiler, but throughout most of the animation process I've been listening to music. All different playlists that I've made and albums I like. And yesterday I was listening to the Score/Instrumental playlist I've made. While listing I began to think about the music for the opening. It's funny, if you were to ask me how the video would look, I'd be able to give a specific answer. If you were to ask me about how it would sound, it'd be a slightly different story.

    In between all the Italian Jazz, Video Game OST's, horror movie scores, and ambient music I was reminded of Orange by Zinc Vacuum. I don't fully remember how I found the track, I just know that I somehow got a hold of it through Instagram back in late 2020 and I've been following them since. I've always appreciated the loud and crashing chorus, and I've toyed with the idea of including in certain moments or scenes for a number of projects I've wanted to make. I looked up their account again, and saw they had a relatively small following and had direct message open. I thought to myself, "Why not?"

    This morning, I drafted up and sent them a message, and in a few hours I got a response! They said that if I wanted I could use any music they've made, as long as I credit them. SOOOOO LETSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Anyways, they were super nice about. We confirmed the official credit which will be, 'Music by Austin Barnette from Zinc Vacuum'. I also mentioned how when the project is finished I'll share it with them.

    I have also added parts of the track Orange to the timeline and now have a better idea for the sound of Extension. I do plan on sharing it with a few people to get some secondary opinions, but for now I am really excited for the final product!

If you want to see more about Zinc Vacuum (previously known as Austin Barnette and the Wall of Sound, I've linked some of their socials below:

https://www.instagram.com/zinc.vacuum.music/?hl=en

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_299CJms3BU8Qegu6Wb0iw






No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Hey yall! so I'm alive still and I'm gonna be blogging again in small doses, so I figured I'd start fresh. Here's the link t...