Saturday, March 5, 2022

Who Did This????

     Ah credits, often an overlooked aspect, but it's pretty cool seeing all the people that were involved in the making of a production. And it's also fun when you start to notice repeating names whenever you watch different movies. But let's to the meat of things. I've been thinking about the credit sequence and about which the order and such. Initially, I couldn't quite figure out the order, and I think that's in part to the fact that there were two parts that I could've put credits in. I could've had credits at the very beginning on a black screen with text as the frame is super zoomed into the ink of the pen on paper. And I knew for sure I wanted to include created in the fully digital portion of the opening after the sketchbook hits the wall. I began to think about how I could divide it, and which credits to include where. I kept switching around the order, but in the end I decided to make things simple and just have all the credits during the animated sequence.

    Now all I have to figure out is the order. I watched a few openings and made an overall list that I can follow. I watched the opening credit sequences from the following movies:





    From these openings don't follow the exact same order, there's is still an overall order that is similar. First few credits are usually the same order with the production company, cast, followed by the casting director. The next few are usually the same but the order is often different: music, production designer, editor, and cinematographer. Last few are some of the more important roles that play a big part in how the film ends up: producer, writer, and director.

    For my opening, I'll start with the production company and cast members. Since I do plan on using music, I'll include the artist as the third credit. The next might be for character artists because I might collaborate with a friend to make another character design that I can include. If they end up making another character, I'd put the two of us as character designers. The last bunch of credits, editor, animator, cinematographer, producer, writer, and director, would be included in the credit track idea, so I can save time.

    To help visualize the idea little bit, I made a test video with the idea for the credit track. The main thing that's missing in this video is text sliding over/camera tracking right. The text and background as well as aren't final since, the purpose behind the video was to both get a rhythm for the track and see if it's understandable. So far I think it looks cool would be more interesting than just fading in/out job positions while my name just stays there.

    








No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Hey yall! so I'm alive still and I'm gonna be blogging again in small doses, so I figured I'd start fresh. Here's the link t...