Thursday, March 23, 2023

FILMING DAY 1

 YEAH THE BIG DAY!!!! Let's go! For the first scene we drove over to the Dania Beach Train Station at 10 AM, to film the 2nd scene. As I like to do when I film on location, I did as much planning as I could do beforehand. This including storyboarding, know what equipment I needed to bring, picking a small crew, and planning for mobile setups. For the crew I got Sam Perez (left) to help in front of and behind the camera and Maria Ojeda (middle) to help behind the camera, specifically as a boom operator. As for me I'd be acting and directing. 

When we first got there I scouted out the station to gauge how busy it was and to look for a corner where we can setup without intruding much on everyday passer byers. I decided we'd first start with the part of the scene where Eric and the other person talk while sitting down on a bench. We got to the bench and first filmed Sam's part before getting the reverse shot to Sam's shot.

Once we were happy with the talking shots, we filmed an insert o Sam getting up to leave, and a final wide of me on the bench as a bus pulls in behind me (which looks real cool in camera). We then moved over to the ticket machine part of the scene. By this point we'd gotten an idea of the rhythm of the train station and around when a train or bus would pull in dropping off  more people, so we first got the close of me right by where we were filming since the close up doesn't show the machine (I loved lying about perspective). We then moved over to the actual machine when there was a trough of people at the station to film my half of the shots. Once we got them, a bus pulled in dropping off people, so we moved to the side where we took the time to look at the shot. When the crest of people fizzled away, we moved in and got Sam's shots.

With those shots done, we called it a wrap for the day, and drove to a Hot Diggity Dogs for lunch. About a year and a half ago, Sam actually was part of a team that made a News Story about the place, that went on to win a Student Suncoast Emmy and later went on to be nominated for a National Student Production Award, so we thought we'd stop by for fun. Anyways Day 1 was fun, and later I actually ended up filming with Sam for their Film Opening, so if you're curious about that check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Hey yall! so I'm alive still and I'm gonna be blogging again in small doses, so I figured I'd start fresh. Here's the link t...