Tuesday, March 21, 2023

I set off the fire alarm!

After taking a day to rest after my trip, I picked up equipment from BECON-TV. I was lucky enough to have been able to check out all the equipment I had wanted; basically everything I checked out I've used in the past, with sort of an exception with the fog machine. Yes I did try to use it in the past, but it didn't work for what I wanted to do. Not to mention the fact that I left my friend in charge of it since I didn't know how to use it. So my goal for the day was to see if I could get the fog machine working the way I wanted it to work.

As detailed in  How not to burn down a house I never had the best luck with this sort of stuff. Now I have reason to believe the fluid I used last year was either old or just very dense, hence why it fell down to the ground instantly. When I went to pick up equipment today though, there were two new looking bottles of high density fluid. I decided I'd test the fluid before going out of my way to buy one.

For this test trial, I used my sister's old room for it's size and far distance away from my mom's room since it was 11 PM. I first emptied the fog machine of any pre-existing fluid it had in it before going to pour in fluid from the smaller (and slightly newer-looking) bottle. I then set up the projector to be on its default home screen and I plugged in the fog machine. Now while plugging in the fog machine, I saw there was a cable that ran to a small red button with a warning label above it, but I opted to read it later. 

With power going to the machine I flipped the the switch on, and only a couple poofs of fog came out in irregular intervals. Confused I grabbed the end with the red button and clicked it, only for a quarter of the room to fill with fog almost instantly. And surprise surprise, the alarm went off waking the whole house. Whoops... 

Anyways, I dispersed the fog a bit to make it less smokey in appearance, and IT WORKED! 


I'm actually really happy with how well the fog and projector worked together. The fact that my crappy budget phone could capture the light rays from the projector, makes me confident about using this technique in the film. I'm SUPER SUPER SUPER EXCITED to make use of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Hey yall! so I'm alive still and I'm gonna be blogging again in small doses, so I figured I'd start fresh. Here's the link t...