Sunday, March 12, 2023

Post Card Research

 image.png

The front side of the card includes the title, key art, director name, award wins, the tag line, and theatrical release date. The backside includes social media accounts for the film, quotes from positive reviews, rating, and list of credits at the very bottom. The post card sticks with the color palette for both sides. The lighter colors and soft lighting on the actress create a juxtaposition to the written text that details/teases to more intense moments in the film. The post card also bolds the words the advertisers want the consumer to notice first. I can definitely see myself making use of thin and bold text to emphasize parts whether having to increase the size of the font on an already small surface area. I'd love how the both sides share a similar color gradient which makes the color seem cohesive.

image.png

The majority of the space on the postcard is dedicated to a still from the film. The still image is left justified, allowing the graphics and text to go on the right to create a sense of balance in the frame. The title and narration credits are the most eye catching aspects of the frame, both in bold red. The tagline, festival laurel, production credits, and website are typed in white. In the credits section, the names of cast/crew members of written in a larger size than the positions; this technique brings attention to the names involved rather than general position titles. For my promo postcard, I think it'd be cool to make use of colors in the text, and possibly even the key art, to draw in the eyes of the consumer. And if I decide to fill the negative space of a frame for text, I'll plan to make sure the image is left justified since people naturally see things left to right, so the consumer would first see the eye catching image and then they'd see all the nitty gritty details like the title, socials, and date/place of the premiere

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's been a while...

Hey yall! so I'm alive still and I'm gonna be blogging again in small doses, so I figured I'd start fresh. Here's the link t...